INDIRECT TO DIRECT SENTENCES:-
1. a. Radha said that she was very busy then.
b. Radha said, “I am very busy now.”
2. a. He said, “I am unwell.”
b. He said (that)he was unwell.
3. a. He says/will say, “I am unwell.”
b. He says/will say he is unwell.
4. a. They said, “We cannot live without water.”
b. They said that we cannot live without water.
5. a. “I am happy” she said.
b. She said that she was happy.
6. a. “I am reading a book”, he explained.
b. He explained that he was reading a book.
7. a. She said, “He has finished his food“.
b. She said that he had finished his food.
8. a. “I have been to Gujarat”, he told me.
b. He told me that he had been to Gujarat.
9. a. He said, “Ira arrived on Monday.”
b. He said that Ira had arrived on Monday.
10. a. “We were living in Goa”, they told me.
b.They told me that they had been living in Goa.
11. a. He said, “I will be in Kolkata tomorrow.”
b. He said that he would be in Kolkata the next day.
12. a. She said, “I’ll be using the car next Friday.”
b. She said that she would be using the car next Friday.
13. a. He said that he could swim.”
b. He said, “I can swim.”
14. a. He said that he might buy a house.
b. He said, “I may buy a house.”
15. a. He said that he had to work hard.
b. He said, “I must work hard.”
16. a. He said that he should face the challenge.
b. He said, “I should face the challenge.
17. a. He asked me what I was doing.
b. He said to me, “What are you doing?”
18. a. He asked them whether they would come for the meeting.
b. He said, “Will you come for the meeting?”
19. a. The girl enquired where I lived.
b. “Where do you live?” asked the girl.
20. a. Rafique ordered Ahmed to go away.
b. Rafique said to Ahmed, “Go away.”
21. a. He requested her to wait.
b. He said to her, “Please wait.”
22. a. He exclaimed sadly that he was broke.
b. He said, “Alas! I am undone.”
23. a. She says that she was in ninth class.
b. She said, “I am in ninth class.”
24. a. He says to them, “You have completed your job.”
b. He tells them that they have completed their job.
25. a. He says that she is in tenth class.
b. He says, “She is in tenth class.”
26. a. She said that her father had come the day before.
b. She said, “My father came yesterday.”
27. a. He asked whether he is coming.
b. He said to him, “Are you coming?”
28. a. The boy said that he was happy with his results.
b. The boy said, “I’m happy with my results.”
29. a. She said (that) she had baked a cake. (Correct)
b. She said, “I have baked a cake.”
30. a. He said that all people have equal rights.
b. He said, “All people have equal rights.”
31. a. Roshni said that she might meet him there.
b. Roshni said, “I may meet him here”.
32 a. She says that she will go to school tomorrow.
b. She says, “I will go to school tomorrow.”
33. a. He said that she was coming that week to discuss it.
b. He said, “She is coming this week to discuss this.
34. a. He asked them whether they would come for dinner.
b. He said to them, “Will you come for dinner?”
35. a. The teacher urged /ordered them to be quiet and listen to his words.
b. The teacher said, “Be quiet and listen to my words.”
36. a. The old man exclaimed with sorrow that he was ruined.
b. The old man said, “Ah! I am ruined.”
37. a. The policeman enquired where we were going.
b. The policeman said, “Where are you going?”
38. a. She asked me where he was. .
b. “Where is he?
39. a. She asked me what I was doing.
b. “What are you doing?”
40. a. She asked me why I had gone out last night.
b. “Why did you go out last night?”
41. a. She asked me who that beautiful woman had been.
b. “Who was that beautiful woman?”
42. a. She asked me what I was going to do at the weekend.
b. “What are you going to do at the weekend?”
43. a. She asked me where I would live after graduation.
b. “Where will you live after graduation.
44. a. She asked me what I had been doing when she saw
b. “What were you doing when I saw you?”
45. a. She asked me how the journey had been.
b. “How was the journey?”
46. a. She asked me how often I went to the cinema.
b. “How often do you go to the cinema?”
47. a. She asked me if I lived in London.
b. “How was the journey?”
48. a. She asked me if he had arrived on time.
b. “Did he arrive on time?”
49. a. She asked me if I had been to Paris.
b. ”Have you been to Paris?”
50 . a. She asked me if I could help her
b. “Can you help me?”